Friday, February 26, 2010

Miss Molly Winters answers seven questions for songwriters:


1. What makes you write?
I love life and the things I learn from the world around me. I am very sensitive to stories of love, passion, heart break, and family. I am not made to write, I just feel like that is how I cope, how I express the emotions inside me.
2. Who is the greatest unknown influence on your music?
Hard question. In the past two years, The Beatles, before that, I loved Beth Orton, Pearl Jam, Beck, Ella Fitzgerald, Billy Holiday, Patsy Cline and the list goes on.
3. What is your most closeted, secret, guilty and humiliating musical pleasure?
Making up songs about just about anyone or anything, singing them in the car, or on a run, or writing them in books that will never be found.
4. What established artist made you want to write songs, and why?
The Beatles. They write such pop tunes that are elaborate and fulfilling, catchy and intense, and often political.
5. Advice for just-starting songwriters?
Write like crazy. Keep journels. Work with other people as much as you can. Learn songs as much as you can. Record whenever possible. Never sit down and force yourself to write a song, it doesn’t work that way.
6. Why country?
It is basic, fun to listen to, catchy, has a great beat, dance-inspiring, raw.
7. Favorite backwoods expression?
“Does Dolly Parton sleep on her back”

No comments:

Post a Comment