Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Lydia Loveless answers 7 Questions for Songwriters!


LYDIA LOVELESS ANSWERS SEVEN QUESTIONS FOR SONGWRITERS
1. What makes you write?
Usually things that amuse me in private. It sounds cheesy, but generally I am really "moved to write" at random times. It's more like being possessed than consciously writing something.

2. Who is the greatest unknown influence on your music?
Todd May

3. What is your most closeted, secret, guilty and humiliating musical pleasure?
I am really shameless...I am listening to Enrique Iglesias as I type this.

4. What established artist made you want to write songs, and why?
Cliché, but Hank Williams. I had a record of his songs that just kind of opened a dam for me.

5. Advice for just-starting songwriters?
Be yourself. Hold back on the "cooooountry" clothes and over the top accents, unless of course you're being honest. And don't let people knock you around on show line-ups, money, or anything at the last minute, or you will get a reputation as a pushover.

6. Why country?
Because it's simple, raw, and everyone likes at least one country song.

7. Favorite backwoods expression?
So-and-so is so ugly she/he could make a train take a dirt road

Lydia Loveless, ladies and gents. Catch her Friday afternoon at 7pm at the Shrunken Head, 251 W. 5th Avenue!

love,
Jamie Lyn

No comments:

Post a Comment