Thursday, June 3, 2010

Tal Lohr: Cur Dog, Songwriter, Handyman


SEVEN QUESTIONS FOR SONGWRITERS
1. What makes you write? I'm not real sure. Most times I hear something or see something that triggers a memory or an emotion and seems there's a story there. Then the song just happens.

2. Who is the greatest unknown influence on your music? Chris Knight, no question. I believe he's the most real and honest writer alive today.


3. What is your most closeted, secret, guilty and humiliating musical pleasure? I don't have one. I couldn't care less what somebody thinks about what I like or don't like.


4. What established artist made you want to write songs, and why? Steve Earle. He writes honestly and it shows. He's lived what he's saying and I respect that above all else in music.


5. Advice for just-starting songwriters? Hmmm....seems to be a theme her in my answers! Again, be honest. Don't try to be what you're not because people aren't stupid and they'll know.


6. Why country? Well, I don't try to write or play country, or any other particular style for that matter. What happens, happens. I like to just let a song be what it is.



7. Favorite backwoods expression? If women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

No comments:

Post a Comment